In our local area, we are members of Churches Together in Fenham, and of Together in Christ Tyneside, a group of evangelical churches whose leaders meet regularly to pray for each other. We are also members of the Evangelical Alliance, a group representing over 1.2 million evangelical Christians in the U.K.
Our vision is two-fold:
to be a light on the hill for God; and to be a House of Prayer
- shining His light out into the community,
- and attracting people by that light and bringing them into contact with Christ.
We aim to do this by:
- being a covenant people
- being a prayerful people
- coming together regularly to worship an awesome God, and meet with the living Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit
- taking God’s ‘light’ out into the community and opening the doors of the Church in ways which makes those outside want to come in and find out more about the God we worship and serve
- being a place where we are encouraged to become better disciples of Christ in an environment where everyone can be nurtured and grow in their personal relationship with God and Jesus Christ.
- giving all those who are part of the church family the opportunities to discover and develop their God-given gifts and help them to find ways of expressing themselves in service to others
- providing a safe, encouraging place for people to develop and grow and where everyone is welcome.
- enthusiastically committing all we can of our time, energy and money as our response to sound Biblical teaching and the challenge God gives us to serve him in the Church and in the world
- recognising that the local church is a part of God’s wider picture and plan.